Gift this class
Crafty Christmas: Screen Printing Masterclass
Hand printed tote bags and tea towels make awesome gifts for the following hard to buy for relatives and friends:
- the head of the household in charge of Christmas dinner
- the greenie sibling who refuses to use anything disposable in the kitchen
- the food snob friend who only eats organic and has an Instagram perfect kitchen
- the space cadet friend forever losing their things and they just need a good ol' tote bag to put their shit in
It's perfect for anybody really, so you should join us to hand-make some last minute Chrissy pressies with Mrs C & Me!
You'll learn the basics of screen printing in a rad and relaxed class- we'll cover what the heck screen printing actually is, the different types and where to access them, how to print at home and EVERYTHING you need to know about stencils!
Create a design, cut out a stencil and print it onto a tea towel or tote bag using the fabulous fabric inks provided (red and green not neccessary but highly recommended for a festive flair)
You'll leave with all the mad skills, and get information to be able to continue printing at home.
Although this class goes for 3 hours, it can take a bit less time depending on the complexity of your design and your speed of cutting out.
If you want to make extra on the day, you can purchase an extra tea towel or tote bag for $6 each.
Keep calm and keep printing!
Hello, I’m Kitty from Mrs C and Me. I am a maker, teacher and creative ambassador. I love to make things and through teaching I hope to empower others to share my energy and nourish their creative side. My goal is that everyone who attends a workshop learns a skill that they can take away but most importantly they have fun.I studied screen printing at college and continued creating on and off for the next few years until I decided to make it a full time thing.
Check out mrscandme.com or instagram.com/mrscandme to find out which workshops I have coming up.
- Learn everything about screen printing- what it is and what is involved.
- The different types of printing and where to access them, as well as how to print at home
- How stencils work, thinking about the design and colour
- You'll cut out a stencil then do a 1 colour print on either a tea towel or bag. Extras can be bought for $6 each
- You will also get a leaflet to take home with info showing how to print and where to buy materials.
- We supply all materials! Including: Screens, inks, stencil paper, squeegies, aprons, bags or tea towels to print on, cutting materials and mats
- You can bring other items with you to screen print if you like- natural fabrics in light colours work best
- Ideas for your Chrissy presents (or just keep them for yourself!)
Clothes you don't mind getting messy- beware you could get inked!
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email email@example.com to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.