Granny Squares are the New Black
Crochet begins with the Granny Square! You know the one, you’ve seen it in the pile of colourful blankets on your granny’s couch, or in the cheerful blanket that always hung over the back of your grandad’s favourite chair. But a granny square isn’t just a blanket. A basic crochet Granny Square can become anything you want! A cosy blanket? Sure. A bright cushion? Why not? A snuggly jumper? Now we’re talking! The end product is only limited by your imagination. In this three hour workshop, you will be provided with all the tools needed to create your first (of many) granny squares as well as the inspiration and confidence to continue to fill your life with granny squares & crochet goodness!
About the Teachers: Cass and Maddy met as neighbours 6 years ago and bonded instantly over their love of crafting and crochet. After many a crafternoon, they decided to turn this crafty love into a business, blooming into their collective, Coral and Cactus at the beginning of 2017. Cass discovered a love for crochet whilst nursing her first kidlet and passed on her passion & knowledge of the craft to Maddy, teaching her to make her first granny square only 3 years ago. From that point on, Maddy was as hooked as Cass for making everything from blankets, to teddies, to jumpers and more & more…!
- 3 basic crochet stitches – slip stitch, chain stitch and treble stitch – and how to turn these into the beloved granny square.
- The best ways to change colours and finish off your square.
- To read a basic pattern, so that you can continue to practise your skills at home turning your new love for the granny square into a snuggly new blanket.
- Lots of one on one time with the teachers to guide you through those “my hands don’t move like that” moments!
- By the end of the class, you will have your very first granny square, the beginnings of a new obsession & ideas for many many more projects!
- A crafty bag containing a crochet hook, stitch marker, a pattern booklet with plenty of helpful pictures and of course lots of soft, squishy yarn!
- A notebook or device in which to record some notes
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email email@example.com to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.