Stencil Screenprinting is a fun and easy intro to Screenprinting. Using hand cut stencils participants will learn about the basics of screen-printing and print their own custom designed tote bag.
In this workshop you will gain confidence in creating an image suitable for making into a stencil, cut the stencil and learn about selecting inks and screens, squeegee handling and curing the print. Most of the skills you will learn can be easily replicated at home, using minimal tools, supplies and equipment.
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Joanna is a visual artist, designer and traditional printmaker with a keen love for screenprinting processes. Jo's work encompasses a broad and varied practice with a strong focus on print processes and applications, including repeat printing on fabric, t-shirt design & printing. Lismore Art Space is the home of Ms Browns Lounge - an active print and design studio in the Northern Rivers, also the home of Work-Shop Northern Rivers! http://msbrownslounge.com.au @msbrownslounge@jo_msbrown
- Get a great introduction into screen printing.
- Learn how to create and cut an image suitable for making into a stencil for printing.
- Learn about selecting inks and screens, squeegee handling and curing the print.
- Stencil paper, Practice paper/fabric, Tote bag to print.
- Everything you need to print your very own design on a Tote Bag.
- Drawings/sketches or printed photos of artwork/ motifs you would like to use as inspiration in your printed piece.
- Any hand cut stencils previously made at home to try out.
- You’re welcome to bring your own items to test your prints on.
Clothes you don't mind getting ink on & closed in shoes a must!
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email email@example.com to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.